There are a lot of great things about Fiji like the scuba diving, the fishing and incredible people. One of the things not really known or thought about is the tasty papaya. The fruit bats love them a lot and will be out day or night eating them up. Check out this one getting his fill on a ripe one.
Te Papa is the national history museum of New Zealand and is located in Wellington the country’s capital city. This is a quick video of the front entrance to the museum. Here are a few features of the museum:
- Built on reclaimed land at the edge of the bay.
- Features many interactive exhibits and works of art that are important to national and Maori history.
- Free internet over wifi (even the library a few buildings away doesn’t have that)
- A nice cafe and cool gift shop are located on site.
- It’s a must visit and it’s free!
A stunning view of Wellington on one of the few calm and clear days. This city has a very high average wind speed. Some notes about this city:
- Lookout includes the Byrd Memorial
- Due South, in the direction of the airport is Antartica
- Forest below is a popular movie set location
- trails are great for mountain biking
- Green belt that surrounds the city was to reduce city sprawl and size
- You can easily spot Te Papa Museum, the stadium and the airport from this location